Tuesday, August 25, 2009

10 Reasons Why Barack Obama Was Elected

Barack Obama's use of Ben Bernanke today to overshadow the announcement that his people's estimate of their deficit was $2 Trillion off (almost 29%) from their original "conservative" estimate of $7 Trillion made me surmise as to why Obama got elected in the first. Here's my list of ten reasons we're stuck with Barack for a few more years (aka - Ten reasons why Barack got elected):

1. People were so tired of George Bush that everyone threw out the whole Republican Party with him, regardless of who was on the other side of the ballot.
2. He's black - half way, anyhow. Apparently, having a "black" president is en vogue nowadays, regardless of who he is or what his credentials involve.
3. John McCain is stiff as a board in more ways than one, "My friend".
4. Sarah Palin has a goofy accent and gives her kids odd names.
5. American voters don't understand government, economics, freedom (see Debt). The original 1789 requirement that voters be property owners meant that the people who showed up to vote were much more informed than what we see today. Case in point, after the election, I overheard a conversation in my home between my wife and a neighbor that went like this:
"Who did you vote for?"
"The guy who helps unions."
"You don't remember his name?"
"Not really."
How's that for a voter constituency? I'd dare say those kind of voters comprised a lot of those who somehow miraculously made it through the voting process. (See ACORN)
6. ACORN. Besides the dead people who turned out in mass, ACORN recruited a lot of people who weren't all that alive mentally either.
7. When it came time for the general election, Democrats and their buddies were so grateful that they wouldn't have to listen to a woman with a man-voice, they stepped up their efforts out of utter relief.
8. John McCain somehow got away with the Republican nomination despite losing most of his conservative support in the process. When McCain won the nomination, I swore I wouldn't vote him - I'd abstain. Of course, that didn't last long when I learned more about the alternative.
9. Obama's resume was so short, it was difficult to find as much negative as other candidates.
10. With all the talk about Hussein and Osama over the past years, people forgot what they were voting for in the heat of the moment. Maybe they thought they were supposed to select America's Public Enemy #1 instead of America's top public servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Context for What You Read Here

Whenever someone shares opinions, especially about important topics for which there are deeply contrasting views in society, it's important to know the foundation of that person's perspectives. For that reason, I have provided a category on this blog called Premises. Listed under Premises are some explanations of my background, including my religion, which forms the foundation of my moral and political principles.